Safety & Health Specialist 2- Telecom
Date published: 6-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: CNS
This position will be based in Overland Park, KS. It will primarily support the Missouri/Kansas & Arkansas/Oklahoma small cell projects within Black & Veatch's Telecom division.
This is a mid-level position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the company’s Safety & Health Procedures. This position performs basic safety and health functions of low to mid-level complexity.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs drug and alcohol screens in accordance with company substance abuse policies, procedures.
• Conducts employee safety and health training.
• Conducts moderately detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Implements project security programs and procedures.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• May act as on site first aid provider.
• Communicates with company’s worker’s compensation manager.
• Acts in capacity of a "lead person." Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Directs Safety Intern and Safety & Health Specialist 1.
2+ years safety & health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, safety and health certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 2+ years in a construction environment preferred Preferred Competence:
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures
• Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
• Communication skills
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports