Safety & Health Specialist 3 - Construction
Date published: 16-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: CNS
The Safety & Health Manager will support a Ariel/Underground fiber project in the Denver metro. No Per Diem
This position is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company’s Safety & Health Procedures on a larger, moderately complex project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• May act as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports
• Develops and implements safety and industrial hygiene in consulting plans and studies.
• Analyzes data generated by Safety & Health studies and compiles reports including findings and recommendations including administrative, emergency and PPE controls.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
2+ years in a construction environment, 4+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, safety and health certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Preferred Competence: • Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices • Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures • Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures. • Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration • Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant • Ability to perform first aid/medical functions • Communication skills • Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs • Ability to write detailed reports • Human relations skills • Conflict management skills • Supervisory skills • Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials