Senior Analyst Devloper
United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 31-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: SPC
Provide support and development of internal and external IT software, systems and data analysis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Will be responsible for the development, enhancement and maintenance of new and existing software and systems. Provide systems integration expertise.
• Develop user and technical documentation. Undertake advanced data analytics and ETL/ELT activities.
Key relationships and personnel for whom this person will be responsible: •
o Role is within the existing Information Management & Analytics (IMA) team.
o The role will entail working with internal and external clients from across Black & Veatch with and under guidance from existing team. Ability to work as a team but also alone (and know which is appropriate in which situation) is essential.
• Travel to other B&V and clients office may be required.
Full time & Part time & flexible working will be considered for this role.
Education & training:
Educated to a technical degree level.
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns: Degree or higher in suitable discipline
Background & experience:
• To have at least 5 of the following 7 attributes:
o Experienced in developing asp.net application with MVC or Web API.
o Working knowledge of Angular JS/Angular 2
o Experience in writing unit tests
o Data modelling and development of SQL Server stored procedures and UDFs.
o Working knowledge of Agile Development methodologies such as Scrum
o Ability to document technical solution specifications and test documentation from team discussions.
o Working knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles.
• Flexibility to work across multiple disciplines in a dynamic environment and would like to develop their career as a full stack developer.
• Strong communication skills particularly understanding, formulating and presenting requirements.
• While not a solely client focused role it will involve some external client interactions which applicants should be comfortable with.
• Inquisitive mind who when given disparate datasets is able to recognise connections and develop analysis methodologies to exploit those connections.
• Innovative thinker able to come up with solutions which are pragmatic in terms of time, software and budget.
• Passion for your subject and delivering value for clients.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience with AngularJS/Angular 2 and Typescript would be advantageous.
• Requirements gathering, Web API