Senior Cloud Solutions Architect
Date published: 9-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Admin
Business Plan: ITS
This leadership role will be focused on extending our capabilities and working on ground breaking, innovative service opportunities for end-to-end optimization of enterprise infrastructure solutions, with particular focus and depth in virtualization/cloud, VDE converged infrastructure and data center optimization assessment, design and implementation.
Advance broad based technical and solutions knowledge in key cloud based infrastructure optimization and solution areas:
· Cloud architecture strategy: platform, security, network, and migration/consolidation
· Virtualization: application and desktop combined with GPU based experience
· Data Management: classification, storage optimization, consolidation, data protection
· Architecture Design: design/layout global network, develop operations best practices and create design benchmarks for use in business expansion
· Services Management: DevSecOps, revamp of ITIL v3 processes, best practices
· Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
Serve as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader with deep expertise in converged infrastructure (servers, storage, networking, service management) for virtualized/cloud solutions. Will also be able to orchestrate and lead the delivery of transition from data center assets to cloud solutions. Successful candidate will have performed numerous virtualization assess, design and implementation projects from small to very large environments with different operating systems, applications architectures and technologies. Proven experience in leading the delivery of assessment services, development of business cases, design solution architecture, and multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change.
Position will work closely with the Network Architect and Security Architect to align architecture design to overall business strategies. Own and direct the management of the virtualized assets and systems in the Black & Veatch cloud. Assist in communication opportunities for internal and external partners to clarify, show and troubleshoot virtual infrastructure. Assist in identifying new and improved: approaches, technologies, tools, templates and business use cases. Maintain contact and build relationship with the operating businesses, executives and manage technical architects to ensure uptime and satisfaction.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
We’re looking for an enterprise infrastructure solutions senior thought leader with the following skills:
- Ability to articulate the advantages of data center optimization and technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantage and ROI achieved through various alternatives
- Strong group facilitation and white boarding capabilities
- Security Architecture operational knowledge for cloud workload configuration
- Business engagement and customer relationship management
- Superb visual and writing skills – able to delineate concise and structured recommendations for total solutions as well as simplifying systems architecture
- Ability to take highly technical concepts and details and make them presentable to a non-technical audience.
- Dynamic and engaging presentation style that commands respect, inspires confidence and earns trust
- The ability to mentor less experienced staff in a highly decentralized and customer facing environment.
Absolute confidence with technical architecture, practical adaptation and implementation, functional deployment and business ROI focused areas of enterprise infrastructure solutions.
Education: BS and/or MA in related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Experience: 5+ years of hands-on technical experience in a large-scale enterprise, including demonstrated success in a technical architecture role
Experience managing cloud hosting providers (Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud etc.) and their technologies.
*This position will require up to 20% regional and international travel.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Proficient understanding of all Microsoft technologies related to the cloud (Azure, AD, Office365)
Understanding of Amazon AWS cloud services
Academic and industry work, including white papers, conference keynotes, major early adoption deployments, patents, etc. a plus Financial fluency which includes working with ROI, cost analysis, and financial statements.
Strong command of English. Strong command of local country primary language. Additional languages highly regarded.
Possession of industry certifications