Senior Construction Manager - Water
Date published: 4-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: CNS
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager.
This role will support Water Dam/Reservoir CM work near Lake Tahoe. Per Diem
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan. • Communicate effectively in written/oral form project progress, budget status, issues and resolutions to all parties engaged in the work
• Supervises and CM project staff; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the ProjectManager and Field Project Controls Manager and/ or directly to the client. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Directs the establishment and implementation of schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates acceptance of all procured materials for compliance with contract. Leads monthly (or more freaquent) coordination meeting with project team.
• Coordinates Reporting of weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier andcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
• Has the ability to stand in for the Project Manager in his absence.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction contracts
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or 3 years of experience at the superintendent level. 5+ years with a degree or 14+ years without degree All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
10+ years experience in Water/ Wastewater, with at least 5 in responsible charge as a Construction Manager or Resident Engineer.