Senior Geotechnical Engineer
United Kingdom-North West
Date published: 8-Dec-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team in the Glasgow, Stepps office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following:
• Provide point of contact for geotechnical work in the Chester
• Mentor junior staff
• The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
• Site supervision of ground investigations,
• Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
• Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions,
• Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures,
• Check the work of junior staff.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
The following are required:
• Chartered Engineer
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Proven geotechnical experience within a range of sectors
• Ability to mentor junior staff.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Travel as required in UK and Europe.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
• Awareness of responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
Full time & Part time will be considered for this role.
Masters Level Degree in relevant subject
Full UK Driving Licence
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Masters Level Degree in Civil Engineering
Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT
CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card