Senior Hydro Electrical Engineer
Date published: 12-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch has delivered hydropower solutions worldwide for more than 40 years. We’ve produced results on nearly 500 projects and more than 50,000 megawatts in hydropower design. A track record like that can only be achieved by meeting the toughest budgets under the tightest schedules. That formula helps us meet the goal we share with all clients – maximum return on their infrastructure investment. <br><br>We’re committed to finding clean, green power alternatives. Our expertise ranges from studies and valuations to optimizing existing operations. We can handle full services for facilities that range from the smallest to the largest in capacity.
Black & Veatch has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer with our Portland OR area office. We are a worldwide leader in the hydropower structures arena, and looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to help our expanding hydro business.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design Electrical Engineer on Hydropower and Hydraulic Structure Projects
• Coordination with multidiscipline teams including peer engineering and BIM+ technical staff in global regional design centers and local office
• Development of electrical drawing deliverables including single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection diagrams, and equipment layouts
• Development of electrical equipment specifications and Bills of Materials for procurement and construction
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office business systems such as ProjectWise, electrical engineering software, such as ETap, and Computer Aided Drafting Tools, such as AutoCAD to view and manipulate engineering drawing files.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 11 + years of experience working as an electrical engineer
• 11+ years of detailed electrical design engineering experience working with industrial or electric utility clients
• Experience with hydraulic structures, hydropower or related industrial infrastructure projects
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Experience with power system analysis software (SKM, ETAP, EZ Power) preferred
• Experience or interest in on-site assessments and construction inspections preferred
• Client-facing and proactive communication skills both written and verbal.