Senior Site Construction Manager
KS-Overland Park, TX-Houston
Date published: 17-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: CNS
Black and Veatch Oil and Gas is seeking a dynamic, driven and experienced site construction manager for upcoming projects. The preferred candidate will lead and deliver world class construction project performance on Black & Veatch blue chip projects in the Americas.
Responsible for successful execution of the construction and start-up of Oil & Gas Projects. Provides leadership to the project staff and all organizations on site. Directs staff in the daily/weekly planning process. Functions as a representative for Black & Veatch in all interactions involving the Owner and Contract. Implements Black & Veatch standards, processes and procedures, develops project specific procedures and allocates resources, and makes decisions in support of project strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing, updating and completing the Construction Execution Plan.
• Reviews and refines the plan as the project progresses.
• Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, direct hire craft labor, subcontractors, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
• Directs implementation of the Construction Processes and Procedures Manual (CPPM) and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
• Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project construction budget, schedule, productivity and quality performance and takes appropriate action to intervene return the project to plan.
• Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures including Installation Work Packaging (IWP) through Package Manager software tool.
• Coordinates with leadership to negotiate and implement appropriate labor agreements.
• Establishes and maintains relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with clients, owners, stake holders, alliance partners, craft labor, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Leads the site construction team.
• Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
• Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
• Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
• Directs implementation of project field materials management procedures.
• Approves field purchases, equipment rentals, extra work authorizations, subcontractor progress and final payments, B&V professional time sheets, and B&V professional expense reimbursements.
• Directs change order management for subcontracts.
• Coordinates with project manager to identify and execute change orders to contract with owner.
• Directs the resolution of all back charges, collection of conformed to construction records, and other contract closeout activities.
• Establishes project field staffing needs and coordinates with Project Manager and construction department to staff project field office.
• Mentors project field staff, promotes internal and external team building, and maintains morale.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with C&P Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Is responsible for producing and implementing site specific procedures as required. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Champions implementation of LEAN concepts and continuous improvement efforts.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts as project manager with responsibilities for the management of a multi discipline project team.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degreed: Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years experience on similar projects in construction management role. Non-Degreed: 20+ years experience with 5 years at a Construction Manager level on complex projects.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Can articulate and implement strategic constructability concepts during detailed design and lead teams to incorporate into final design.
• Has experience in modularization concepts and installation planning.
• Demonstrated 15- 20 years Petrochemical, LNG and Gas Processing experience on projects valued in excess of 200m.
• Able to deliver Project Gross Margin (PGM) on assigned project
• Knowledge of construction technology
• Experienced in US Gulf Coast EPC Industry
• Project budgeting process and tools
• Approach to managing construction operations.
• Project controls policies and procedures
• Risk assessment policies and procedures
• Legal/contractual agreements (EPC/suppliers/subcontractors)
• Construction Project Management Systems