Senior Site Construction Manager
Date published: 30-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: CNS
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability. <br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Manager.
This role will support our Water Business line in water/waste water construction projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with contract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan.
• Communicate effectively in written/oral form project progress, budget status, issues and resolutions to all parties engaged in the work
• Supervises and mentors all CM staff; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Manager and Field Project Controls Manager and/ or directly to the client. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Directs the establishment and implementation of schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Coordinates acceptance of all procured materials for compliance with contract.
•Leads monthly (or more frequent) coordination meeting with project team.
• Coordinates Reporting of weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and contractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Directly responsible for the CM Team labor charges and costs on projects.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
• Assists Project Manager with client interface and relations.
• Has the ability to stand in for the Project Manager in his absence.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction contracts
• Represents Construction Management group in Business development activities
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Degreed: Bachelor’s Degree with experience (10+ years) on similar projects in construction management role with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Project Field Manager. Non-Degreed: 15+ years experience with 5 years at construction management role on smaller projects or 3 years as a Project Field Manager.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
15+ years experience in Water/ Wastewater Facilities or Heavy Civil Water supply projects, with at least 5 in responsible charge as a Construction Manager.