Server and Storage Convergence Architecture Manager
Date published: 5-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: ITS
The Server and Storage Convergence Architecture Manager is responsible for Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) technology architecture design and innovation. This role is intended to take key aspects of Black & Veatch technology into a more modern and agile approach to availability and implementation, focused on public and private cloud in addition to on-premises workloads. Develops strategies and direction for HCI solutions and improvements to the existing architecture, including performance, key features, and cost optimization using current and emerging technologies and is accountable for a robust production environment. Serves as a recognized subject matter expert and thought leader for on-premises infrastructure and cloud architecture.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains contact and builds relationships with the operating businesses, IT executives and manages technical architects to ensure uptime and satisfaction.
• Assists in identifying new and improved approaches, technologies, tools, templates and business use cases.
• Maintains broad based technical and solutions knowledge in key infrastructure optimization and solution areas including:
a. Tiered Storage Architecture
c. Management and Monitoring Best Practices
d. Data center migration
e. On-Premises to cloud migration
BS and/or MA in related field, or equivalent experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Typically 8-10 years related experience:
• Nimble Storage
• SAN/NAS storage technologies
• Ability to program the core code of the architecture
• Advanced Data Protection Solutions, including traditional backup, replication, and archiving
• ESX Environment tied to SDDC
• ESX upgrade and management
• Automation and Orchestration
Black & Veatch experience preferred experience:
• System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
• Nasuni experience
• Azure / AWS cloud experience
• Hybrid or Private Cloud Deployments
The following are additional qualifications that will be essential in the success of the Server and Storage Convergence Architecture Manager:
• Experience with network architectures
• Proven experience in leading the delivery of assessment services, development of business cases, design solution architecture, and multi-phased, complex migration programs that address technology, people/organization, and process change
• Experience with assessing, designing and implementing projects from small to very large environments with different operating systems, applications architectures and technologies
• Strong writing skills – able to delineate concise and structured recommendations for total solutions as well as simplifying systems architecture
• Dynamic and engaging presentation style that commands respect, inspires confidence and earns trust.
• Strong business engagement and customer relationship management
• Superb ability to make complex systems simple and easy to understand
• Absolute confidence with technical architecture, practical adaptation and implementation, functional deployment and business ROI focused areas of enterprise infrastructure solutions
• Financial fluency which includes working with ROI, cost analysis, and financial statements
• Strong command of English; additional languages highly regarded
• Comfort around higher management
• Organization agility
• Business & financial acumen