ServiceNow Program Manager
Date published: 5-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: ITS
Black & Veatch is Systems is seeking a Senior ServiceNow Program Manager to lead the primary implementation activities of ServiceNow. This includes CMDB, Discovery, Service Mapping, Service Catalog, ITSM, ITOM, Asset Management and other areas. This role will be responsible for ensuring a successful ServiceNow implementation and will serve in various capacities: Business Liaison / Mentor / Envisioning.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Analyzes complex business needs and recommends technical solutions
• Provide technical leadership and mentoring, perform peer code reviews, and ensure the ServiceNow team follows software development best-practices
• Experience building scoped applications in ServiceNow that leverage the power of the platform while providing unique functionality.
• Experience with leading or creating and maintaining API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services.
• Experience leveraging MID Servers for integration and automation.
• Collaborate with System Administrators and ServiceNow Support concerning strategies and technical aspects of platform upgrades.
• Design and develop solutions within the ServiceNow environment to include new or modifications to applications, forms, workflow, policies, actions, access control, interfaces and any other configurations required to support client processes.
• Work with various IT teams to identify ServiceNow automation and integration opportunities to improve the existing state of IT operations.
• Work with various IT development teams to provide education on API integration opportunities to establish ServiceNow as a standard platform for service automation
• Navigate a multi-vendor outsourced environment and establish ServiceNow integrations in that environment.
• Coordination of the Engagement Managers across the interconnected projects combining deliverables, timelines, issues, risks, and project plan at the program level.
• Establish strong rapport with clients, keeping both internal and external stakeholders informed of progress on a consistent basis.
• Provide guidance and facilitate communications with Project teams and ServiceNow Architects and Developers throughout the effort to ensure project success and added value.
• Provide Enterprise Architectural oversight for the delivery of technology
• Provide execution guidance to the PMO on the delivery of technology projects
• Produce and deliver strategic technology presentations for Business leadership, IT leadership, and technology vendors
• Provide strategic vendor management for all vendors delivering technology solutions
• Document complex technical concepts in a business consumable way
• Prioritize and balance IT portfolios to ensure alignment and project delivery excellence
• Able to demonstrate detailed understanding of public cloud platforms
Education: Bachelor's degree required.
Experience: 10 - 15 Years experience required
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Experience with implementation of ServiceNow core platform functions, ITSM processes, custom or scoped app development, and at the following components: Discovery/Service Mapping, ITSM, and ITOM.
• ServiceNow Implementation Certification (Required)
• 6+ years of experience working within IT infrastructure in the Enterprise with an ITSM Software / Services company and experience representing a Consulting company
• 4+ years ServiceNow Project Management experience (leading large clients in IT Infrastructure Strategy and Implementation)
• 4+ years of experience ITSM software implementation consulting
• Previous experience configuring and customizing all aspect of ServiceNow - UI Actions, UI Policy, UI Pages, Business Rules, Client Scripts, Include Scripts, Catalog Client Scripts, Catalog UI Polices, Email Scripts, Scripted Web Services, Rest and SOAP web services, Roles / Groups
Experience in EPC industry preferred.
• Understanding of a broad range of technologies at the architecture level and at a business process/impact level. These include but are not limited to core network technologies, systems for enterprise work process, mobility, data management and cloud-based computing.
• Must also be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to executives and general audiences.
• Program Management
• Vendor Management
• Presenting complex technical concepts in business consumable language
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proven track record in strategic technology planning, execution and policy development
• Leadership orientation and respect for discretion. Must be able to build consensus