Date published: 10-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Legal
Business Plan: LGL
Responsible for assisting attorneys in compliance activities, including traning support. Maintains and organizes regional due diligence efforts, third-party interviews, in-person training sessions and provides administrative support as necessary. Provides compliance support to attorneys and business managers by assisting with review initial review and response to Compliance related inquiries. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide regional advice, counsel and interpretation for questions arising under the company’s Ethics and Compliance Management program.
• Provide feedback to help develop strategic initiatives and engage leadership to increase awareness.
• Work with the Chief Compliance Manager to ensure the appropriate compliance controls are defined and monitored for the company’s Ethics and Compliance Program procedures.
• Conduct regional due diligence interviews and training for joint venture / consortium partners and Agents.
• Coordinate and participate as required in regional investigations and in-person training programs. Monitor progress of investigations and provide status updates to the Chief Compliance Manager.
• Identify ways to mitigate ethics and compliance risks in alignment with business objectives to improve regional operations
1-2 years corporate law or paralegal experience required. Legal research experience required. Legal software experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Intermediate knowledge of US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act and local anti-corruption laws and practices in the region.
• Intermediate knowledge of business organization law and related legal documents
• Understanding of Company’s legal entities.
• Experience with complex filing systems including hard copy and electronic
• Intermediate knowledge of internet and legal research tools.
• Intermediate word processing and database skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Good written communications skills, with strong attention to detail
• Good verbal communication skills
• Basic spreadsheet and presentation software skills
• Intermediate Problem Solving Skills
• Interpersonal Savvy
• Action Oriented
• Strong customer focus