Public Relations Officer
Date published: 14-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: MAC
You will manage and coordinate public engagement and other external communications functions for the development of Phase 2 of Singapore’s iconic used water infrastructure, the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System (DTSS).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
You will manage and coordinate public engagement and other external communications functions for the development of Phase 2 of Singapore’s iconic used water infrastructure, the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System (DTSS). The position is based on a five month contract period and will coincide with a major international water trade event in Singapore where additional marketing support is required. On the conclusion of the five month contract, the candidate will be able to point to a body of work and gain a sense of ‘project completion’.
To be complete by 2025, this multi-billion dollar project will see the construction of 40km of deep tunnels, 60 km of links sewers, the Tuas Water Reclamation Plant (TWRP) and integrated NEWater factory as well as a co-located Integrated Waste Management Facility (IWMF).
You will join the Black & Veatch and AECOM joint venture team, the lead consultant and program manager for the project. Reporting to the joint venture’s Project Director, you will work closely with government agency clients and contractors’ PROs to oversee consistent, timely and informative communication to the public about the project. Over the contract period, the candidate will also manage external vendors in support of planned activities as part of the water trade event.
The candidate should have a good understanding of marketing and communications practices and be confident working independently after receiving initial direction.
Principal Duties & Accountabilities:
Typical duties may include but are not limited to the following (Professional responsibilities may cross functions as needed):
Public Engagement / Public Relations
• Develop and update sound and practical strategies to pro-actively engage stakeholders, ensuring positive reputation for the Project and minimise any impacts on Project timeline and process
• Manage Contractors’ and Consultants’ Public Relations Officers work, to ensure consistent and co-ordinated messaging that aligns and adheres with the overall public engagement standards and objectives. This includes the delivery of high-quality public engagement activities and timely handling of public queries.
• Coordinate and implement public engagement activities and events, working closely with the team’s and client’s Project and communications teams.
• Analyse all affected areas and develop tactical engagement plan to necessary key external stakeholders.
• Oversee reputation management and crisis communications issues related to the Project.
Marketing and Communications
• Drive ongoing story-telling, collateral development and communications, transforming technical content into user-friendly stories.
• Drafts and edits content for articles, websites, marketing collateral, internal/external publications, news releases, social media and video.
• Source, procure and manage third party vendors to deliver high quality public engagement collaterals, both printed and multimedia.
• Oversee entire event management process for key Project-wide exhibitions and events, from appointment of third party vendors to production to daily running on event days.
• Provide basic support for client presentations and other publicity and education support requests.
• Ensure Project companies’ branding and compliance requirements are met as well as the client’s and Project’s standards are also met by other contractors during the course of the Project. Applies standard brand guidelines, and proactively identifies errors and inconsistencies in brand application beyond the current task at hand.
• Handle media queries and publicity for trade media and work closely with client to support in media relations works.
• Ensure recording and archiving of key Project milestones and events through photography and videography.
• Management of Public Engagement shared project management information system
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication or a related field; or equivalent experience Experience: 6+ years related experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
1.You will need approximately 7 or more years’ experience in corporate communications, marketing communications, community engagement and/or related media roles within a corporate, government or consultancy setting.
2.Experience of working with or in Singapore government organisations and within the construction or engineering sector will serve as a significant advantage.
3.Experience working effectively with vendors to execute exhibition booths and developing marketing collateral including video will also be viewed favourably.
4.An intuitive understanding of Singapore communities and an ability to speak local languages and dialects will also be viewed favourably.