Resident Technical Officer (Civil) (2 years contract)
Date published: 13-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: SPC
Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance to the Building Control Act as the Qualified Site Supervisor (RTO) on record for the supervision of the works.
SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE PLACED UNDER AGENCY PAYROLL.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
•Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance to the Building Control Act as the Qualified Site Supervisor (RTO) on record for the supervision of the works
•Work with the site team and be responsible for enforcing specification and code
•Liaise with the discipline engineers on the review and approval of design calculations and drawings
•Close monitoring of site safety, workmanship and material quality control
•Proactive in providing periodic site progress update
•Ensure appropriate and consistent documentation of inspection and test, to be in conformance with regulations set forth by BCA
Minimum 2 years prior experience in quality management-related field. No special training required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Minimum Diploma in Civil / Structural or equivalent
• Must be an IES accredited Resident Technical Officer
• At least 5 years of experience in site supervision works, preferably in water/wastewater treatment plants
• Relevant experience in micro-piling, structural steel works and reinforced concrete works.
• Relevant experience in architectural works and A&A works are advantages.
• Self-starter, proactive, diligent and ability to work in a team