Sales Director – Renewable Energy ASIA
Date published: 13-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Energy
Business Plan: SAM
Generates new business from both existing customers and new accounts and is accountable for new sales and business development. Supports the Director of Renewable Energy for Asia & EMEIA in developing an effective seller-doer approach to capture targeted renewable energy business. This includes but is not limited to, implementing Miller Hieman or such other strategic selling process in conjunction with CRM to plan out winning sales strategies; leading Renewable Energy Services and EPC business annual strategic planning process; assisting with the development of Renewable Energy business goal ; coordination and collaboration with Expanded Scope management in pursuit of Renewable Energy new business; developing strategic account plans; building and maintaining strategic relationships; developing new business pursuits; participating in interface activities such as conferences and events to foster relationships, preparing and giving targeted sales presentations; working with Project Managers to ensure client satisfaction; and participating in the Client Satisfaction Program surveys.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops strategic account plans for targeted clients to meet or exceed desired new business Project Gross Margin (PGM); determines personnel within client organization to cultivate relationships with to win new business or maintain existing relationship; makes recommendations as to what projects to pursue based on client needs.
• Initiates, maintains, and cultivates strategic relationships relative to the sector’s client base.
• In conjunction with management and colleagues, coordinates client interface activities to ensure sales efforts are carried out to execute the strategic account plans leading to new projects and increased scope of work for existing projects. This includes client-focused presentations, attending conferences and special events to foster relationships
• Supports the proposal effort in conjunction with management and colleagues by assisting in the evaluation and pricing process to win new business opportunities;
• Works with Project Managers and project team to ensure customer satisfaction on current projects; follows up with clients to address concerns or issues and communicates those to management.
• Interfaces with existing Regional General Manager network to support Renewable Energy business pursuits.
• Assesses the success of strategic account plans on a quarterly basis and revises as needed to ensure PGM targets are met.
• Updates and tracks clients in client database, Electronic Client Resource Management System (eCRM).
• Manages marketing budget allotted for travel, attending conferences, and events.
• Acts as Renewables Energy sales champion for the region within the company; coordinates all sales, marketing and branding activities with other businesses; leverages other businesses for Sales and Business Development
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related field or technical discipline. 10+ years experience including 5+ years combined energy and renewable energy industry experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical discipline. Business degree in addition is highly desired.
• 10 to 15 years experience including 5+ years in similar role in renewable energy industry, specifically in the areas of Solar, Wind, Battery Storage and micro-grid.
• Strong knowledge and overall understanding of commercial aspects, competitiveness and winning strategies for renewable energy industry; knowledge of industry business drivers and motivators.
• Well networked and connected with the Renewable Energy players including relationships with developers, financiers, suppliers and competitors across South East Asia region
• Demonstrated track record of business development, account management and growth in Sales
• Deep understanding of EPC market for Renewable Energy is highly desirable
• Proposal and general contract negotiating skills which includes knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms.
• Excellent communications/human relations and presentation skills (written, verbal, client service); ability to maintain key relationships
• Exhibits high ethical standards and Maintains a reputation of integrity among clients.
• Ability to think quickly and anticipate questions when interfacing with clients.
• Ability to sell; strong negotiating and persuasive skills.
• Ability to interface with diverse personalities.
• Self-motivated and Team player
• Ability to travel.
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work).
• Good problem-solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)