Software Developer, Solarhood
Date published: 8-Dec-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ITS
Let the SolarhoodTM team (that's us!) help you explore solar for your home by screening your home virtually - entirely online.<br>When you’re ready to go solar, we'll gather quotes from top installers near you. We'll take care of it all, it's easy. www.solarhood.net
Acts independently or under general direction. Responsible for formulating systems scope, writing software design document, developing software package according to specifications, conducting software testing and deploying the software to production . Maintains credibility as a definitive source of technical information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Applies best industry practices and standards, leading-edge technology, and innovative solutions to complex problems.
• Follows best practice of software development including software coding standard, documentation, testing and deployment.
• Design data structure to support the applications, SQL and NoSQL.
• Provides training and support to others on new and existing systems and technologies.
• Keeps abreast of important trends in the industry and evaluates their impact to the company.
• Bachelor's Degree (Major in Computer Science or Miner in Computer Science and major in related fields).
• In addition to the education requirements, 1-2 years working experience for CS major or 3+ years of working experience for related major.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Hands on software development experience using Python.
• Java for Android OR Objective-C for iOS.
• MySQL, Elasticsearch or MongoDB.
• Demonstrated experience with open source APIs
• Experience developing solutions in the cloud, specifically Amazon Web Services.
• Interpersonal Skills. Builds relationships, displays organizational savvy, leverages networks, values diversity, and resolves conflicts.
• Self-Management Skills. Acts with integrity, demonstrates adaptability, multi-tasks and develops oneself.
• Thinking Skills. Solves problems, analyzes issues, uses sound judgment, and innovates.
• Customer Service Skills. Uses correct questioning techniques, effectively handles complaints and criticisms, understands customers’ expectations and wants, and follows through on commitments.
• Motivation Skills. Drives for results and shows work commitment.
• Leadership Skills. Provides direction, influences others, fosters teamwork, coaches and develops others, champions change.
• Organizational Knowledge. Uses technical/functional expertise, focuses on customer needs, and knows the business.