Sr Expediter - Oil & Gas
Date published: 21-Sep-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: PCR
Oversees assigned expediting activities for a project(s) and may be responsible for self-executing any and all related activities. May be required to support other procurement duties. May lead others with expediting responsibilities, requiring no supervision. May lead Procurement Team initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understands project requirements from initiation, is proactive on the information available and manages the development of the project expediting plan.
• Expert understanding and ability to use the expediting tools used to track vendor performance and deliverables. • Coordinates, leads and manages the tracking process through appropriate communications with the project and supply chain and collaboration with engineering and material receiving regarding tracked submittals and equipment status.
• Reviews and evaluates Vendor schedules (production planning, shop workflow, material acquisition, assembly, shipment) to identify discrepancies in regards to established project requirements.
• Calculates, tracks and maintains liquidated damage (or other, as required) positions, following contracted agreed articles. Assist with resolution of related contract positions with the supply chain.
• Prepares status reports and presents to project management. Suggests and implements enhancements when appropriate.
• Responsible for shop visits to monitor / check progress and shop position, and can review schedules and identify production inefficiencies. • Is able to analyze the Vendor's scope of work and suggest potential cost/labor savings or more effective methods in their manufacturing facility.
• May receive, organize and upload equipment shipping details to field material receiving system, or coordinates this information with the field for upload.
• Understands contracts with Vendors, including third party expediting agreements and their responsibilities under these agreements.
• Manages the expenses and manpower to complete project expediting activities within the budget provided.
• Pursues continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Trains and mentors others in the function of an Expediter.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
• Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Does not have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide project specific work direction. Following are possible positions receiving direction:
Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Certification from Expediting Management Association (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree. Preferred Skills: • Proficient Analytics - Creation and Interpretation • Advanced Attention to Detail • Proficient Budget Development and Management • Advanced Communication - Written and Oral • Strong Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office • Strong Contract Comprehension • Strong Data Entry • Proficient Mathematics • Strong Organizational Skills • Basic Presentation Skills • Strong Problem Solving • Basic Process and Technical Writing • Strong Project Process Management • Strong Schedule and Planning Understanding • Basic Training Development Preferred Competencies: • Decision quality • Ensures accountability • Manages ambiguity • Manages complexity • Persuades • Plans and aligns