Sr International Statutory Accountant
Date published: 7-Dec-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate-Finance
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for the preparation of assigned international financial reports, extensive account analysis, coordination of specific international audits, and implementation of process improvements and/or team initiatives. Serves as trusted business advisor to management and provides resolution of intermediate issues.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reconciles accounts and/or assist others with identifying, researching, and resolving reconciling items
• Reviews account reconciliations, identifies risk and opportunities, and assesses reasonableness of balances
• Prepares complex audit deliverables for review for audits and will manage individual audits with interactions with external auditors in international locations
• Prepares, enters and posts complex journal entries
• Identifies, recommends and implements process improvements
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement
• Prepares monthly/quarterly moderately-complex balance sheet analysis
• Researches and understands impact of inter-firm transactions and related elimination process and coordinate resolution of issues
• Participate in various system implementations and/or enhancements related to financial systems
• Coordinates, reviews and files necessary government compliance filings
• Regular interactions with upper management, businesses, and Internal Clients (Legal, Accounting Operations, Payroll, Treasury, Tax and Financial Applications)
• Recommends policies related to accounting procedures
• Performs foreign currency translations and proofs
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
EXPERIENCE: Typically 4+ years related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Knowledge of general ledger systems
• Proven knowledge of GAAP and ability to apply principles
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work independently
• Strong decision making and problem solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with foreign currency preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills