Structural Engineer 4 - Water Business
Date published: 14-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Black & Veatch’s Water business is seeking an experienced, creative, and highly talented Structural Engineer for employment in the Markham office. The candidate will function in the capacity of a mid-level engineer.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute complex structural analysis, perform calculations, and prepare sketches and drawings for the design of water and wastewater treatment plants.
• Supervise team of Structural Engineers (both in Canada and in overseas offices) to execute projects.
• Supervise Structural Technicians in preparation of structural drawings and specifications.
• Perform construction phase engineering duties such as site visits, responding to RFI’s, and review of contractor submittals.
• Perform project administrative tasks, which may include any or all of the following: preparation of design fee estimates, monitoring progress against budget and schedule, management of project changes, and implementation of Black & Veatch Quality Control requirements.
• Coordinate work with architects and other discipline engineers.
• Understand and follow departmental standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures.
• Support continuous improvement efforts.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 5 years related work experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the province of Ontario.
• Three years of related design experience in the water/wastewater industry.
• Seven years of related design experience of reinforced concrete and steel structures.
• Familiarity with the latest editions of CSA A23.3, CSA S16, ACI 350, ACI 318, and the Ontario Building Code.
• Proficiency with use of structural analysis software such as RISA 3D, STAADPro, or SAP 2000.
• Proficiency with use of other non-Structural software packages such as Bluebeam, ProjectWise, AutoCAD, and Revit is desired.