Subcontracts Representative 3
Date published: 14-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: PCR
Provide support to project and proposal teams with moderately complex subcontract transaction activities which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other subcontract duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development. Receives minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports or may lead the solicitation of pricing for subcontracts to support the estimating/proposal and execution efforts for multiple proposals and projects.
• Assists in preparing contract documents and bidders lists.
• Assists or may lead the bid evaluation process via collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability details of a proposal. May be tasked with making recommendations for award to selected bidder(s).
• May be tasked with leading negotiation processes or resolving less complex exceptions to commercial terms.
• May be involved in the subcontract award and conforming process.
• May be involved in mildly complex claim or dispute events with subcontractors.
• Works with key company personnel to ensure Subcontractors meet minimum corporate requirements for award.
• Supports the group in fostering and maintaining strong relationships with Subcontractors.
• May train others in the function of a Procurement Representative, with oversight from Supervisor.
• Files appropriate record documents and follows Corporate and project filing rules.
• Helps drive group procedures and processes.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Strong Communication - Written and Oral
• Strong Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
• Moderate Contract Comprehension
• Strong Data Entry
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Demonstrated Problem Solving
• Action Oriented
• Communicates effectively
• Customer focus
• Drives results
• Manages ambiguity
• Situational adaptability