Date published: 20-Jan-2019
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Oil/Gas
Business Plan: ADM
Black & Veatch is an employee-owned, global leader in building Critical Human Infrastructure™ in Energy, Water, Telecommunications and Government Services. Since 1915, we have helped our clients improve the lives of people in more than 100 countries through consulting, engineering, construction, operations and program management. Our revenues in 2016 were US $3.5 billion. Follow us on www.bv.com and in social media.
We have been and continue to experience tremendous global growth where this role based out of our Houston office as a Talent Acquisition/Recruiting Coordinator will make a significant impact to deliver the innovative Oil & Gas (including FLNG) solutions and services needed to assist B&V leadership in our mission statement of "Building a WORLD of Difference".
Responsible for providing staffing services and solutions to local or regional offices hiring managers as assigned. Works collaboratively on recruiting efforts include strategic sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring for complex or a diverse set of jobs. Assesses needs in recruitment and compensation adjustments. Provides employee relations support, as assigned. Contributes to and administers on boarding plans, exit interviews and assists with reduction-in-force activities. Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws governing employment process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works with business leaders and department heads to determine staffing needs including short and long-term plans.
• Responsible for coordinating staffing projections and working with project leads to determine staffing gaps to develop recruiting strategies.
• Reviews personnel requisitions and discusses requirements of position with hiring manager.
• Develop best practices for Oil & Gas market recruiting.
• Establishes recruitment strategies with hiring managers - (where to post openings, companies to search and avoid, potential internal candidates, etc).
• Works with recruiters to source and identify qualified candidates for approved personnel requisitions, including cold calling.
• Presents suitable candidates to hiring manager for review.
• Conducts phone screens and determines candidate’s ability and fit for current opening.
• Makes interview and travel arrangements for on-site interviews.
• Assists in interviewing candidates and provides company & benefits overview.
• Follows up with hiring managers for feedback after interview.
• Coordinates transfer of internal candidates with current and receiving managers.
• Provides written communications including reference checks and human resource information system/resume database documentation.
• Conducts an implements onboarding plans for individuals with hiring managers
• Advises hiring managers and employees on employment-related matters
• Initiates or reviews related transactions in Human Resource Information System.
• Conducts exit interviews.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Gathers detailed information on assigned employee relations issues & makes recommendations on course of action.
• Discusses external market conditions with hiring manager, such as compensation, relocation, etc, to assist in the decision process.
Contact Compensation All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; PHR/SPHR Certification preferred
• 5+ years progressive staffing/recruiting experience.
• Candidate must have Oil & Gas EPC recruiting and staffing experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Knowledge of and proficient in Interviewing, Employment Law, EEO/AAP and Problem Solving/Conflict Management
• Extensive behavioral interview skills
• Extensive knowledge of employment law and compliance issues (local, state, and federal, such as Fair Labor Standards Act, Wage & Hour)
• Familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan regulations and company goals
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Strong work processing and spreadsheet skills
• Strong human relations skills (written, verbal, client service)
• Good presentation skills
• Good problem-solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Basic understanding of Human Resource Information System(s)
• Good negotiation skills
• Intermediate supervisory skills