Talent Acquisition Manager, Power/O&G Business Line
Date published: 5-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ADM
The B&V Power business continues to experience tremendous global growth. This critical position based out of Overland Park, KS plays a significant role in impacting the Power business’Talent Acquisition strategy, solutions and services needed to support Power and Oil & Gas leadership in our mission of "Building a WORLD of Difference".
This role is responsible for operating as the Talent Acquisition manager for the Power/Oil & Gas team, providing daily recruiting support and oversight of a team of talent acquisition professionals. This role requires partneringwith business leaders in a matrixed environment to develop and execute on a staffing strategy, including how to source, assess and attract the right talent. This includes engineering, procurement, and construction related talent.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directs overall recruiting strategy for the Power/Oil & Gas Business Line. Evaluates the effectiveness of various sources to determine where to direct recruitment budget for the best return on investment.
• Provides strategic and creative recruiting partnering to senior leadership team to guide them in implementing the most cost effective and efficient approaches to staffing.
• Works closely with the Director of Global Talent Acquisition to implement corporate programs, processes and tools within the business line.
• Lead and develop dashboard and/or reporting to matrixed leadership across the organization. Frequency is dependent on strategy and staffing needs;could be weekly, and/or monthly, and/or quarterly.
• In addition, the Talent Acquisition manager may identify, assesses & recommend qualified internal & external candidates for open positions including full-time regular and contract positions ranging from junior level consultants to senior level leadership roles.
• Determines appropriate recruiting strategies. Conducts interviews, and coordinates with leadership to determine the top candidates, negotiates offers, and extends verbal and written employment offers. Lead and/or participate in client staff meetings as needed.
• Informs or advises Business Line HR Manager of staffing issues.
• Serves on various project teams or committees, as assigned.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Champions continuous improvement efforts in the global staffing process. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements
Experience: 8+ years progressive recruiting experience, including significant sourcing experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Strong Sourcing capabilities
• Previous use of CRM technologies to support sourcing strategies
• Strong behavioral interviewing skills
• Previous experience developing reporting and/or dashboarding showing sourcing and recruiting activity at any given time to leadership.
• Good knowledge of employment law and compliance issues
• Familiar with Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan regulations and company goals
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Strong human relations skills (written, verbal, client service).
• Good presentation skills
• Good problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Basic understanding of Human Resource Information System(s)
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Prefer global staffing experience.