Telecom Wireless Safety & Health Manager
Date published: 29-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: CNS
This is mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company’s Safety & Health Procedures on a larger, moderately complex wireless telecommunications project. Performs medium to high complexity tasks, and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
This project is primarily engineering, but it is likely to evolve into a construction project over time in the wireless world. Candidates with telecom wireless experience such as working on AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile networks and structures would be preferred. The right candidate would be able to start immediately as this is an existing and ongoing project.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs. • Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant to internal and external clients.
• May act as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. Supervises Safety & Health Intern, Safety & Health Specialist 1, 2, and 3. Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
5+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Safety and health certification, Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 3+ years in a construction environment preferred. Candidates with telecom wireless experience such as working on AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile networks and structures would be preferred.
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
• Communication skills
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human relations skills
• Conflict management skills
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials