Date published: 14-Mar-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for the preparation and entry of general ledger journal entries; completion of complex account reconciliations and preparation of assigned financial reports. Provides resolution of basic issues. Provides basic account analysis and assigned financial reports. Works under close supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Maintenance of full set of accounts to deliver accurate and timely delivery of management reports and for statutory compliance –
• Record revenues for the relevant period as per contract terms and relevant rules.
• Record expenses for the relevant period as per contract terms and relevant rules & regulations.
• Maintenance of supporting documents.
• Liaison with relevant internal & external parties.
2) Statutory compliance –
• Maintain proper records as per relevant rules and regulations.
• Up-to-date with relevant laws.
• Liaising with external auditor, tax agent, internal departments and statutory bodies.
3) Cash Management –
• Accounts payable management.
• Cash Projections.
• Timely escalation to management if required.
4) Payroll Management –
• Liaise with HR department and Payroll Vendor for payroll information and data
• Review the data provided by HR / Payroll Vendor and do necessary checks as per contract terms and applicable laws.
• Liase with Payroll vendor and Release of salary payments.
5) Management reporting –
• Understand management’s data requirement.
• Liaise with internal and external departments for accurate information & data.
• Keep historical data update.
• Data analysis.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance, or related field, or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of relevant experience, supervisory experience in multinational company preferred, certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
• Good knowledge of USGAAP, IFRS, IAS, TAS, Financial Statement structure and general tax rules
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access), and experience in accounting software (Oracle preferred)
• Good command of English (written and verbal)
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus. Supervisory Experience Preferred. Preferred Technical Competencies: • Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Intermediate • Microsoft Access, Basic • Knowledge of Black & Veatch Systems, Intermediate • Knowledge of percent complete accounting, Intermediate • Technical accounting knowledge, Intermediate • Knowledge of Financial Statement analysis, Intermediate • Knowledge of foreign currency terminology and concepts, Intermediate Preferred Non-Technical Competencies: • Customer Focus • Organizing • Planning • Written Communications • Action Oriented • Informing • Peer Relationships • Dealing with Ambiguity • Business Acumen • Decision Quality • Problem Solving • Developing Direct Reports and Others