Country Business Development Associate
Date published: 16-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: SAM
Since the 1960's, Black & Veatch has been committed to improving the lives of people in Thailand through our efforts to deliver more reliable and sustainable energy. We stand tall behind more than 10,000 megawatts (MW) of the Thailand’s power supply and our Thai engineers have worked on dozens of other large-scale power projects around the world. <br>Our business is Thailand is geared for growth and we continue to build our expertise in combined cycle power plants with the aim to grow the team to be a fully independent execution center. The business is home to more than 250 Thai professionals who work on projects based in Thailand and throughout Asia and other parts of the world. Every year a number of our Thai professionals are selected to gain further international experience and receive training at our headquarters in Kansas. <br> <br>For decades, we have served as trusted advisors to EGAT and other major developers, gaining a reputation for delivering award-winning, world-class power generation solutions that are efficient and reliable.<br>Thailand continues to be a key growth market for Black & Veatch due to its many infrastructure needs and its strategic location allowing our professional to contribute to projects throughout Asia. We are committed to investing in our operations in Thailand as well as grooming our talent through training, exposure to local and international projects, overseas assignments and other benefits.
Assist in generating new business from existing customers, and develop new accounts. This includes, but is not limited to, support and participation in the booking of new work, developing client account plans, building and maintaining strategic relationships, participating in interface activities such as trade shows, conferences and events to foster relationships. Aide in the proposal effort, preparing and giving targeted sales presentations, working with project managers to ensure client satisfaction and participating in the Client Satisfaction Program surveys.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Works with Business Development Manager to create strategic account plans for targeted clients to meet or exceed desired Project Gross Margin (PGM). Determines personnel within client organization to cultivate relationships to obtain new business or maintenance of existing relationship. Makes recommendations to determine projects to pursue to meet and/or exceed client needs.
-Qualifies projects and makes recommendations for which projects to pursue.
- Understands the process required to initiate, maintain, and cultivate key internal and external relationships.
- In conjunction with management and colleagues, learns the coordination of federal (for example, Electricity Generation Authority of Thailand – EGAT) interface activities and successfully executes the strategic account plans. Initiates and follows leads for new projects and increased scope of work for existing projects. This includes regular client visit, client-focused presentations, attending trade shows, conferences, and special events to foster relationships. Communicates to management what clients to target and personnel within organization to contact at events.
- Understands the proposal effort in conjunction by assisting in the evaluation and pricing process to obtain business opportunities. Participates on proposal presentations for management and review board(s). Provides key differentiators to use regarding services offered to client.
- Follow-ups with clients to address concerns or issues and communicates those to management. Maintains and drives action items from Client Satisfaction Feedback sessions.
- Updates and tracks clients in client database.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree Ability to learn technical concepts is mandatory.
• Experience: 10 years’ experience in the power generation or related sector.
• 5 years sales experience in power generation service sector.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Ability to learn technical concepts is mandatory.
- Experience: 10 years experiences including 5 years in Sale in the energy or related industry Strategic Planning/Energy Industry Training is a plus
-Relocation: For training or promotion opportunities, relocation may be required. Regular to Extensive Domestic travel maybe required/
-Good knowledge and overall understanding of Federal Government; knowledge of industry business drivers and motivators; knowledge of sales and business development techniques
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and as a team lead
General understanding of client business and financial drivers and financial metrics (PGM, revenue, overhead costs, profit & loss and project financials)
General understanding of Proposal and contract negotiating skills to include knowledge of terms, risks, pricing, and payment terms
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; inter-personal skills; presentations skills (English and Thais is mandatory, Japanese and Chinese is a plus)
Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
Good problem-solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
Exhibits computer proficiency.
Sales traits, including tenacity, competitiveness
T- ask oriented to focus on winning new business and achieving sales targets
Ability to think strategically and create persuasive message
Basic Leadership skills