Date published: 1-Nov-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: FIN
Responsible for performing basic to intermediate level management reporting, including variance analysis. Supports planning and analysis activities, such as basic maintenance of financial tools and models. Receives guidance and works under close supervision to complete assigned tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supports financial analysis by providing requested information. Provides basic analysis and recommendations.
• Prepares financial reports. Identifies, researches and explains variances to plan. Identify and communicate any reporting issues/deficiencies.
• Supports and may assist financial planning by providing requested information and maintaining planning tools and models for the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
• May develop simple financial tools and models used for budgeting, forecasting, trend analysis & strategic planning.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience. Typically 2+ years’ related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• 3-5 year experience in auditing is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access
• Oracle knowledge and experience preferred
• Fluent command of English (written and verbal)
• Proactive communicator with ability to seek solutions and develop positive working
• Applicant must be able to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously, set priorities,
and adhere to deadlines in an organized manner
• Applicant must be a problem solver with a proven ability to research, analyze, produce and ensure the accuracy of highly detailed work
• Possess a unique blend of attention to details as well as an overall understanding of the "big picture"