Mechanical Engineer (System Design)
Date published: 3-Dec-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions in an engineer capacity. Under close supervision, performs routine aspects of engineering assignments requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Standards: Develops familiarity by reading, understanding and applying departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures.
• Quality / Continuous Improvement: Develops an understanding and complies with the B&V quality program. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Engineering Production: Contributes to preparation of less complex engineering deliverables such as drawings, reports, specifications, and studies of limited scope. Performs routine research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection. Collects, assimilates, and manages data for engineering work. Prepares basic engineering calculations following standard methods and principles used in similar engineering analysis. Understands and adheres to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Project Coordination: Shares information with others as requested. Coordinates with others when directed by supervisor or project leadership.
• Client Focus: Focuses on the needs of internal clients (project team leadership) while attempting to gain basic understanding of external client's main interests and drivers. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology: Shares current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Learning on the Fly
• Problem Solving
• Intellectual Horsepower
• Written Communications
• Drive For Results
• Decision Quality
• Dealing with Ambiguity
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program
• Basic knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles