Senior Mechanical Consulting Engineer- Power
Date published: 12-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions as a technical specialist or supervisory role. Independently develops and applies advanced engineering techniques, concepts and approaches to unique engineering problems. Lead assigned engineering staff on projects of medium to high complexity, or serve as a technical specialist providing knowledge and expertise across multiple assigned projects focus on consulting engineering.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Proactively provide guidance and direction for mechanical engineering.
• Interpret, apply and provide direction to larger assigned tasks. May own the maintaining, updating, and developing engineering standards. Provide technical guidance to others.
• Independently apply knowledge and ensure compliance with B&V quality program. Establish related processes, and promote a culture that is conducive to quality. Provides guidance and direction to others. Supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Develop recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Oversee collection, assimilation, and management of data for engineering work. Prepare complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Manage assigned budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Develop and apply advanced engineering solutions to complex problems. Review lower level engineering work or assignments.
• Lead production teams, coordinate multiple discipline activity and serve as the responsible charge for projects. Establish work plan to be applied to a given project.
• Actively coordinate with all other internal/external team members on complex projects. Typically responsible for defining project schedules for single discipline or may have responsibility for multiple disciplines.
• Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects. Communicate client interests and drivers to project team members and develop approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on moderately complex projects.
• Focus on client's current needs and situations. May offer other services to the client. Typically provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Serve as a technical specialist and have knowledge and skill set to provide consultation and guidance to project teams in a particular practice area.
• Participate in reviewing proposals for due diligence work and feasibility study.
• Oversee performance management, career planning, recognition, learning and development, and corrective actions for assigned staff.
• Implement resource management strategy. Manage engineering resources for small groups of a single discipline. Resolve resource conflicts and identifies training needs.
• Administrative responsibilities may include office administration as assigned. Ensure policies, procedures, and processes are effectively implemented and communicated for workgroup. Ensure adherence to corporate and division programs.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Minimum bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or chemical engineering from a recognized accredited university.
• Minimum 15 year experience of mechanical engineering in power or oil and gas industry.
• Must have professional registration or licensure.
• Understand various scopes of work related to consulting engineering on power plant projects is required.
• Background in power plant project development, thermal performance and technology selection is also required.
• Good interpersonal skills and proven leadership skills.
• Excellent command of English.
• Flexibility to travel as well as flexible for relocation