Site Quality Control Manager (Bang Pakong)
Date published: 12-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: CNS
• Implement and maintain the Consortium’s quality assurance plan to provide B&V, ITD and SC with a principle process to control the execution of the project.
• Provide oversight, guidance and routine reviews of ITD’s Quality Control program to ensure the consortium partner is adhering to their corporate governance and contractual obligations.
• Implement and maintain B&V’s internal processes and procedures to ensure quality compliance through the site management and commissioning phases of the works.
• Act as the main interface between the Consortium and the client.
• Responsible for the management of Field QC staff on assigned project Sites.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes implements and maintains site quality program for B&V scope. Coordinates with engineers, suppliers, partners, regulatory representatives and field to ensure that work is done correctly.
• Assures work on-site meets applicable codes and specifications.
• Develops and administers site specific Quality Programs
• Surveillance/Audits of Consortium partner’s Quality Control Programs.
• Oversight/coordination of inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified.
• Reviews documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
• Reviews turnover packages prior to handoff to Startup.
• Assists in the coordination of punchlist walk-downs/inspections; establishes and manages the punchlist.
• Collating Quality Control documentation for final handover to Owner.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Lead periodic (daily / weekly) QC meeting with the Consortium Partner, Subcontractors and/or the Client.
• Develops and implements quality programs that assist projects and division to meet company and division quality goals and expectations.
• May act as temporary project fill-in for lower level quality professionals.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Acts as mentor to other quality professionals.
• Implements Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and adheres to Performance
• Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, and Guidelines.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Diligent review of the Prime Contract Specifications / Requirements, identify potential issue for implementation of the requirements and clarify with project team and the Client at earliest possible.
• Behavior Based Quality (BBQ) program will be implemented on BPRP1. Experience in this type of program or other equivalent program is a plus.
Established as the Consortium Site Quality Manager to coordinate, provide oversight of quality practices between the parties and Client.
Leads the B&V Quality Program, responsible for the administration and success of the application of B&V core procedures
Supervises work of others; responsible for subordinates including other site QC inspectors and site QC representatives (technicians, specialists)
5+ years as Superintendent with degree, or 8+ years without.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High School Diploma or geographical equivalent qualification preferred. 4 year degree in Engineering, Quality, Business or geographical equivalent qualification in a related discipline is desired.
Certification in discipline (e.g.: American Welding Society (AWS), Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), Institute for Supply Management (ISM)) or relevant geographical equivalent certification is desired.