Site & Underground Engineer
Date published: 8-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: ENG
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and remain current on departmental design guides, standards, systems, applicable engineering codes and B&V policies and procedures. Apply to assigned tasks as appropriate.
• Begin to independently apply knowledge and complies with B&V quality program relative to assigned tasks.
• Support continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Prepare a variety of moderately complex engineering deliverables. Performs complex research and develops recommendations for equipment and/or materials selection.
• Prepare complex engineering calculations following standard methods and principles.
• Understand and adhere to budget, schedule, and quality requirements.
• Recognize, define and resolve problems within assigned area. May provide direction and guidance to others.
• Assign tasks to and coordinate with other internal/external team members on less complex projects. Initiate contact with other disciplines as needed to identify and coordinate details of the work.
• Actively seek to understand client interests and drivers through normal client contact and through interaction and communication with project leadership.
• Apply understanding of client interests and drivers to their own behavior and performance of the work under his/her responsibility. May provide support to business development or pursuit activities.
• Share current knowledge of latest technology and processes.
• Layout of electrical generating facilities on the proposed site.
• Grading and drainage design for power plant or other industrial plant
• Linear facilities design (road layout and design, railroad layout and design, pipe line layout and design).
• Surveying requirements associated with projects (coordinating aerial and land surveys as well as undergrounds, Utility Investigation Surveys, Laser Scanning).
• Design of civil underground utilities, pressure and gravity (sanitary, oily waste, and wastewater systems).
• Coordinates routing and space control of all onsite and offsite underground utilities associated with power related projects.
• Procurement of civil related equipment (pumps, oil water separators, etc.).
• Generation of civil related procurement and construction specifications.
• Minimum bachelor's degree in civil engineering from a recognized accredited university.
• Minimum 4 year experience in detailed Civil/Site design of combined cycle and/or fossil fuel fired power plants and Oil & Gas facilities or other industrial plant. He / She will be able to perform the following tasks:
o Layout and Site arrangement such as Power and Petrochemical Plants or other industrial plants.
o Design of Underground Utilities comprising of Piping systems and Electrical Duct bank
o Design of area grading, plant storm water drainage system and sanitary sewer system.
o Geometry design of road and bridge layouts and detailed design of flexible/rigid pavements and associated drainage system such as drainage gutter, sump, drainage pipes and box culvert.
o Design of precast and prestressed road bridge
o Perform estimating of earthwork such as cut and fill work
• Knowledge of a variety of computer programs including MS Office, Strom drainage design and earth work design software are essential.
• Must have working knowledge of code such as Thai Code and ministry regulation, IBC, ASCE 7, ACI and AISC
• Associate Civil Engineer certificate as a minimum
• Demonstrates high leadership skill as well as team work skill
• Good command of English.
• Flexibility to travel both domestic and international
• Familiar with international/global company environment
Preferred Job Qualifications: