Trainee CAD Technician
Date published: 14-Mar-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENT
To support the Design Lead and other team members in delivering detailed design services including production of drawings using AutoCAD and associated packages. Undertake career development though an approved training programme, if relevant and, subject to satisfying entry criteria
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
•Work to aBV project controls guidelines and procedures.
• Support the Design Lead and other team members in undertaking a wide range of design related tasks including:
• Production of AutoCAD drawings in accordance with the Amey/aBV CAD procedure.
• Undertake design, and modelling activities, including use of third party software packages where appropriate.
• Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief and compliance with Amey/aBV HSEA requirements
• Collecting & collating basic reports/data.
• Inputting basic data & filing
• Assisting with compiling project documentation
• Assisting with collating project reports
Achieved or working towards, HNC/HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
Computer literate and conversant with the MS Office suite
Basic project management understanding in a multi-disciplinary project environment
Ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Basic understanding of the design process, and drawing preparation, in a multi-disciplinary project environment.