United Kingdom-North West
Date published: 11-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Due to an expanding workload, Black and Veatch are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer to join the Geotechnical Team in the Chester office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of the geotechnical team, the successful applicant would be expected to do the following under supervision:
• The design and preparation of documentation for ground investigations,
• Site supervision of ground investigations,
• Collation and interpretation of the results of ground investigations,
• Preparation of sections and drawings illustrating geological conditions,
• Design of engineering solutions for earthworks, foundations, slopes and retaining structures.
Many of our schemes are multi-disciplinary and will require liaison with project teams of varying complexity and size.
• Degree qualified to Masters Level (or equivalent) in Geotechnical Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Proven geotechnical experience within a range of sectors.
• Design Experience.
• Experience of site investigation methods.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
• Good organisational skills and be able to multi-task. Travel as required in UK and Europe.
• Full UK drivers licence is essential.
• Awareness of responsibilities under the CDM regulations.
Education & training: Masters Level Degree in relevant subject Masters in Civil Engineering
Academic & profess’l qualif’ns: Working towards Chartership – graduate member of ICE/CIWEM/IMMM with evidence of training programme to date
Knowledge base: Geotechnical Design Ability to use Geostudio Suite, WALLAP, gINT
Skills: CSCS Card, EUSR Water Card
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: