Graduate Renewables Engineer
United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 14-Apr-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Why Black & Veatch?
It’s what we do. Why? Because we’re driven by solving clients’ complex problems, building relationships and fulfilling our Mission of Building a World of Difference®. We want you to have a passion for delivering low carbon solutions for our clients.
Black & Veatch helps to improve and sustain the quality of life around the world. Every day, we’re doing work that improves lives, sparks economic development, strengthens public health and changes communities for the better.
As a Black & Veatch professional, you’ll be working on sustainable energy solutions to some of today’s biggest energy, water and communications challenges. We have more than 100 offices worldwide and projects in more than 100 countries. This means you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects all over the world. In addition we offer excellent benefits like:
- Competitive salary;
- Supported route to “Chartership”;
- Pension (8% employer contribution when employee contributes 5%);
- Company funded life assurance;
- Company funded income protection;
- Company funded private medical insurance;
- Remuneration package offering a wide range of flexible benefits;
- Season ticket loan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
To work as part of the renewables team providing technical assistance on feasibility studies, design, specification and implementation of renewable energy projects.
Assist with various marketing and tender initiatives.
- To work effectively on several renewable consulting projects concurrently;
- To work alongside other professionals in multi-disciplinary teams;
- To undertake engineering and economic aspects of renewable energy projects;
- To prepare technical and non-technical reports;
- To prepare plant specifications;
- To liaise with external organisations.
- Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results;
- Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload;
- Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition;
- Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information;
- Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general;
- Self-starter with the ability to think independently;
- Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited programme in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
Well-developed report writing skills, using MS Word.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
MSc in related renewable energy field
Highly numerate and well developed MS Excel skills (ideally including VBA).