Senior Environmental Scientist
United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 5-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
Black and Veatch Ltd. is one of the UK's leading engineering and environment consultancies, specialising in water, energy and environment projects. We are seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant to join our growing multi-disciplinary Environmental Impact Assessment team in Redhill, Surrey.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key aspects of the role will include:
• providing environmental support on a wide range of projects including fluvial and coastal flood risk management, water utility, renewable/ energy projects and other large scale infrastructure;
• managing and writing all stages of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA);
• managing consenting applications such as planning, Development Consent Orders, Transport and Works Order and Environmental Permits;
• supporting business development and tenders;
• liaising with project teams, clients, stakeholders and the public as required;
• providing a mentoring/supervisory role to more junior members of our team.
As their first role we are looking for this experienced and dynamic EIA professional to coordinate a multi-faceted EIA for a major flood relief project on the River Thames. The ‘River Thames Scheme’ is the largest inland flood defence scheme ever undertaken in the UK, and will involve construction of a 14km channel through sensitive natural environment and multiple communities to provide improved flood protection to over 15,000 properties. A big focus for the project is landscape and habitat enhancement, with over 180ha of proposed new or improved habitat built into the design. In-depth stakeholder engagement has played a key part in refining the outline design to date, and the project has been recognised through awards for its approach to engagement and sustainability.
Full time or Part time will be considered for this role.
• have an environmental related degree;
• be a member/EIA Practitioner with IEMA and/or chartered with another relevant institute;
• excellent written and oral communication;
• enjoy innovation and embracing advances in technology and EIA;
• hold a full UK driving licence.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications: