Stakeholder Engagement Specialist
United Kingdom-South East
Date published: 19-Mar-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENS
1. To establish in-house specialist stakeholder, including community, engagement services for B&V.
2. To provide stakeholder engagement services and input to projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Design best practice stakeholder engagement plans
2. Design social media plans and online consultation strategies
3. Organise and deliver public exhibitions
4. Design and facilitate stakeholder discussion workshops
5. To help develop B&V client base for stakeholder engagement
6. To provide specialist stakeholder engagement input to fee bids and proposals.
7. To provide specialist / technical reviews of stakeholder engagement work produced by others (internal or external consultants)
8. To mentor junior members of staff to build in-house capability
9. To liaise and collaborate with clients, contractors, and internal professionals from a range of technical disciplines.
10. To deliver project tasks on time and within agreed budgets.
Key relationships and personnel for whom this person will be responsible:
Role will sit within the Redhill Environmental Services Team; key contact will be Vicky Lutyens who heads this team and stakeholder engagement on our larger schemes. Emma Stevens is head of national team and overall line manager. Also important to work closely with wider teams and business development heads to develop this workstream.
• Experienced and motivated stakeholder engagement specialist
• Experienced in designing best practice stakeholder engagement plans for large scale schemes
• Experience in organising and delivering public exhibitions
• Experienced in designing and facilitating stakeholder discussion workshops
• Experience in analysing and reporting on engagement effectiveness using best practice methods
• Excellent team working skills
Previous consultancy experience in managing stakeholder and community engagement for capital projects
Stakeholder engagement for UK infrastructure schemes
Excellent skills in
• partnership building
• communications (verbal, written and audiovisual)
Team player, self-reliant, well organised, proactive, confident client-facing professional.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Background in undertaking stakeholder and community engagement in energy and water sectors; ideally for government clients. Experience in developing required social media technology.