United Kingdom-South West
Date published: 8-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Our consultancy team is looking for an experienced civil engineer to join our highly experienced rivers and coastal team in Bradford on Avon to support the delivery of our growing portfolio of work, leading and delivering design work.
You will carry out the role of Lead Civil Engineer and/or Engineering Manager depending on the assignment, planning the work and delivering it as planned, working primarily on projects based in the South West and the Midlands. You will work closely with clients, junior team members and other specialist teams throughout the business to deliver the project.
Our typical projects include anything from feasibility studies and developing businesses case for investment through to detailed design for construction. Our commissions vary from small £5k studies, through to £500k detailed design projects. Our clients include the Environment Agency, Local Councils, Water Companies, Developers and Design and Build contractors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Managers are responsible for delivery of our work products to our client’s satisfaction. They work closely with Project Managers in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule and quality goals.
• As Engineering Manager you will be expected lead or assist in writing bids and proposals, particularly including price and quality submissions.
• You will develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief
• Based in our recently refurbished Bradford on Avon office you will also be happy to travel to our offices in Chester and Redhill in addition to our clients’ offices and sites around the UK.
• Coaching and mentoring junior professionals.
• You will be motivated to develop your own career, and develop as an engineer and leader.
• Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• Previous experience in a project management or technical civil engineering role on projects using the NEC suite of contracts
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs, on time, to budget and to the appropriate quality
• Full UK driving license
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
• Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as an individual and as part of a team with a desire to find a solution
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status registered with Engineering Council UK.
• Significant experience of working on flood risk management projects
• Have knowledge and experience of BIM and its implementation
• Experience of working within a collaborative environments, including D&B and joint ventures.