Senior Civil Engineer
United Kingdom-South West
Date published: 8-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: ENG
Our expanding consultancy team is looking for an experienced civil engineer to join our highly experienced rivers and coastal team in Bradford on Avon to support the delivery of our growing portfolio of work and delivering design work. This opportunity offers a clear career growth path and responsibility of a growing team.
You will carry out the role of Senior Civil Engineer and/or Engineering Manager depending on the assignment, planning the work, delivering it as planned, working primarily on projects based in the South West and the Midlands.
You will work closely with clients, junior team members and other specialist teams throughout the business to deliver the project.
Our typical projects include anything from feasibility studies and developing businesses case for investment through to detailed design for construction. Our commissions vary from small £5k studies, through to £500k detailed design projects. Our clients include the Environment Agency, Local Councils, Water Companies, Developers and Design and Build contractors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Engineering Managers are responsible for delivery of our work products to our clients’ satisfaction. They work closely with Project Managers in delivering projects that meet budget, scope, schedule and quality goals.
• As Engineering Manager you will be expected assist in writing bids and proposals, particularly including price and quality submissions.
• You will deliver detailed designs and develop innovative solutions that deliver the clients brief
• Based in our recently refurbished Bradford on Avon office you will also be happy to travel on occasion to our offices in Chester and Redhill in addition to our clients’ offices and sites around the UK.
• Coaching and mentoring junior professionals.
• You will be motivated to develop your own career, and develop as an engineer.
• Degree in a relevant engineering discipline
• Previous experience in a technical civil engineering role on river and/or coastal projects
• Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs, on time, to budget and to the appropriate quality
• Full UK driving license
• Excellent written communication skills
• Ability to work under time pressure and balance multiple priorities
• Proactive and methodical approach to problem solving as part of a team with a desire to find a solution
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status registered with Engineering Council UK.
• Significant experience of working on flood risk management projects and NEC contracts
• Have knowledge and experience of BIM and its implementation
• Experience of working within a collaborative environments, including D&B and joint ventures.