DCS Commissioning Engineer (Till August 2018)
Date published: 4-Aug-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: CNS
This role is for a site-based DCS commissioning engineer as part of EPC consortium team on a 688MW supercritical coal fired plant expansion in Duyen Hai 3.
Black & Veatch is responsible for the overall plant engineering. This includes power island detailed design and the interconnection with the adjacent power plants and substation. Black & Veatch will also provide the engineering interface between the Sumitomo subcontractors, including the interface with the civil works, boiler, turbine-generator and erection companies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The DCS Commissioning Engineer is responsible for planning and executing all DCS startup activities. He/She is also responsible for helping ensure the TFA develops and implements, and adheres to, the startup schedule, processes, and procedures. These responsibilities include the following:
• Attends and provides input to the process of construction completion turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the owner.
• Oversees and provides recommendations to priorities and activities of startup work scope.
• Reviews and comments on startup schedules and startup packages to track Startup completion and progress.
• Manages and maintains open communications and relationship with the Owner.
• Reviews and comments on startup procedures as required.
• Reviews and comments on plans and startup activities.
• Monitors and comments on daily activities effecting and involving startup.
• Participates in the monthly contractor management meetings.
• Participates in the weekly site coordination meeting and chairs as necessary.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountabilities.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• At least 10 years of DCS commissioning/startup experience
• Extensive experience testing, tuning, calibrating, and troubleshooting DCS and control systems for supercritical coal fired power plants
• Excellent understanding of all power plant instrumentation and controls, functions and interrelationships with all plant process
Extensive working experience with all Emerson DCS hardware, software, and tools
• Solid understanding of all current digital communication standards utilized in modern power plants
• Ability to review and understand OEM supplier drawings and information
• Specific experience of working with coal-fired power plants and with Chinese contractor would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.