Electrical Commissioning Engineer (Till May 2018)
Date published: 23-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Power
Business Plan: CNS
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer is responsible for planning and executing all electrical startup activities. He/She is also responsible for helping ensure the TFA develops and implements, and adheres to, the startup schedule, processes, and procedures. These responsibilities include the following:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Attends and provides input to the process of construction completion turnover to startup, startup turnover to operations, and final turnover to the owner.
• Oversees and provides recommendations to priorities and activities of startup work scope.
• Reviews and comments on startup schedules and startup packages to track Startup completion and progress.
• Manages and maintains open communications and relationship with the Owner.
• Reviews and comments on startup procedures as required.
• Reviews and comments on plans and startup activities
• Reviews and comments on lockout/tagout (LO/TO) system.
• Monitors and comments on daily activities effecting and involving startup.
• Participates in the monthly contractor management meetings.
• Participates in the weekly site coordination meeting and chairs as necessary.
• Adheres to safety and quality standards as applicable to duties and accountability
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
• At least 10 years of electrical commissioning/startup experience
• The candidate should be able to demonstrate knowledge of plant integration, operation and tuning required to for supercritical coal fired power plant.
• The candidate needs to have prior experience of the process, the risks and the schedule constraints on integrating the overall plant
• Knowledgeable in testing and commissioning activities for steam turbine generator, 13.8/380kV generator step up transformers, generator circuit breakers, protection and exciter panels, 13.8/0.48kV auxiliary transformers, MV and LV switchgears and MCCs
• Specific experience of working with coal-fired power plants and with Chinese contractor would be an advantage.
• Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with multidisciplinary site, engineering staff and contracted resources.
• Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels in English