Client Account Manager: NAVFAC
Date published: 20-Jul-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: GMT
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
BLACK & VEATCH is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Client Account Manager (CAM) with a passion for developing and building Federal market business for the Federal's Account Team. The Federal CAM at BLACK & VEATCH drives relationship management and business development for top public sector organizations. The Federal CAM will work with our Federal's leadership team on accounts that are of strategic importance to BLACK & VEATCH.
Focused in the Federal Government market, the Navy CAM will have a strong understanding of US Navy and US Marine Corps operations and acquisition programs. The position will involve extensive coordination with Navy customers, BLACK & VEATCH operations and subject matter experts, and with external partners. The Navy CAM will have a broad knowledge of Navy and Marine Corps services and requirements with solid communication skills and analytical abilities to shape how BLACK & VEATCH can best support the client. The successful candidate will use their client relationship skills to provide BLACK & VEATCH-caliber client service.
In addition, they will continue to monitor and anticipate the business needs of our key Clients and to smartly offer technical and professional services that can help them grow their business. The Navy CAM will gain cross-functional experience working with multiple parts of BLACK & VEATCH: Operations, Marketing, Support, Finance, Legal etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Grow our Navy accounts and sell the full project life cycle of services that BLACK & VEATCH offers.
• Assist with business development activities including pursuit initiation and management, teaming, proposal development and general marketing support.
• Maintain situational awareness across all Navy/USMC contracts and major proposal efforts, and report periodically to management on Navy Account performance against established goals/ performance metrics.
• Serve as a liaison with Clients regarding new projects/programs while verifying and ensuring that Clients needs are met or exceeded.
• Monitor client performance ratings and engage with the Client and BLACK & VEATCH operations in rectifying deficient performance.
• Develop forward thinking strategies, data-driven sales analyses, client account plans, and recommendations that align with our Client goals.
• Coach and develop junior members of the account management team.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably business, finance, or HR-related. 25 yrs experience required. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Proposal or Business Development experience
• Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of relevant US Navy experience, or Navy business development experience; A master’s degree can substitute for up to two years of work experience
• Demonstrated success performing in a large matrixed organization
• Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with account teams
• Navy Client service experience and/or Navy industry experience
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and interpersonal skills
• Project management experience and ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management; self-starter
• Detail oriented and the ability to adapt to changing environment
• Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
Strong understanding of the Congressional Budget/ Appropriations life-cycle, and DoD POM process. Knowledge of NAVFAC acquisition strategies- and experience with the component business line requirements spanning asset management, environmental, public works, capital improvements, and contingency engineering. Broad understanding of major defense acquisition programs and force structure realignments. Experience analyzing market conditions and developing corresponding business strategies. Knowledge of the A/E/C industry and potential competitors/ team partners to BLACK & VEATCH. Effectiveness in developing successful business initiatives and influencing participation outside of your direct line management authority. Currency and breadth of Navy/ USMC client points of contact. Participation in joint military/ industry professional organizations, like Society of American Military Engineers. Relevant experience in industry, or industry-like experience in the Navy/USMC. Strong analytical and written skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.