Construction Safety & Health Manager
Date published: 29-Sep-2017
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Corporate Const/Procurement
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We are expanding our services offered and building our project backlog. Now is the time to work at BVCI!
This professional will be based out of our home office in Overland Park, KS and will serve multiple purposes for our Safety Department. He or she will serve as a back-up to any of our field safety managers in situations of absence (such as vacation, required safety courses/certification, sick time or Medical Leaves, etc…) on a temporary basis. In between this Safety Leader will work on additional and future Safety Department strategies, needed certifications, and provide assistance to the Department Head while in the office.
This Field Safety Manager is a mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining BVCI’s Safety & Health Procedures on multiple sized projects and well as performs medium to high complexity tasks and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• Interfaces with clients.
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant to internal and external clients.
• May act as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• While in the field, may supervise the work of others: responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of his or her subordinates.
• Supervises Safety & Health Interns, Safety & Health Advisors 1, 2, and 3.
• Acts as a Project Safety Manager.
• Among initial responsibilities, this Manager may lead a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** Only candidates local to the KC Metro Area will be considered further
• 5+ years safety and health experience
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Safety and health certification
• Bachelor’s Degree highly preferred
• 3+ years in a construction environment
• Availability and willingness to travel often and with short notice
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
• Communication skills
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human relations skills
• Conflict management skills
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials