Field Construction Manager
Date published: 8-Jun-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
Construction Manager with telecom, electrical and/or solar experience. This position is responsible for the successful construction execution of subcontract projects. The Construction Manager has authority to allocate resources and make construction decisions for the assigned area in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides and Contractual Commitments.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountable for site safety, quality, schedule and cost on assigned projects. This position is responsible for assuring availability of resources with proper expertise and tools to support assigned construction project execution. Must be able to perform accurate material and scope take-offs. Must be able to reconcile construction activities and manage scope change during construction. A strong understanding of construction practices, safety standards and organizational skills is a must.
Accountable for managing the overall project execution performance including scope, cost, safety, quality, schedule, implementation, and customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities in the role include:
• Serves as single-point of contact, between the Lead Construction Manager and construction execution.
• Responsible for Safety & Quality inspections on all assigned construction projects.
• Conduct daily and weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors.
• Providing oversight of construction execution on multiple construction projects working concurrently.
• Must be able to maintain and manage sub-contractor relationships, assuring work is performed in accordance with project requirements.
• Interface direct with on-site client representative for contractor access and to ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner.
• Must be able to take corrective action as necessary.
• Will be required to develop detailed material take offs and scope of services lists from Engineering drawings.
• Must track and coordinate material delivery, schedule construction, and drive completion to meet schedule and budget expectations.
• Reports project status and performance data as required to management.
• Complete the quality control punch-list and drive open issues to closure in a timely manner.
• Identify and assesses improvement opportunities, which will add value.
• 2 years work experience with a degree or 3 years experience at Superintendent level.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 3+ years of relevant (Solar, Electrical and/or Telecommunication industry) Construction Experience required.
• Must be knowledgeable in quality construction practices.
• Experience with cloud-based computing and interfacing with online databases.
• Conflict management skills.
• Leadership (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising, etc.).
• Problem solving skill (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve).
• Due diligence with the ability to create your own schedule and drive issues to closure.