Field Office Manager - Construction
Date published: 12-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: ADO
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
This contract position will be joining our project team for approximately 20 months and will provide support in various tasks under minimal supervision. Incumbents have demonstrated proficiency in the project support role and are able to utilize frequent independent judgment, as needed as well as possesses broad knowledge of project policies and procedures involving all phases of project execution from bid specifications through project closeout. This administrative professional adapts past project knowledge to the needs of the current project with minimal direction or review needed from project management. He or she has regular contact with clients, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area to exchange information.
This Field Office Manager is an individual contributor with no subordinates.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes complex filing activities such as assigning file numbers, action items, and distribution for project file system.
• Maintains project drawings and manuals
• Creates expense reports for project team members.
• Is coordinator of project communications.
• Frequently interacts with upper management on related project issues, as well as external clients. May maintain personal calendar for project field manager.
• Performs scanning and electronic filing.
• Answers phones.
• Greets and directs visitors.
• Assembles documents (reproduction and collation).
• Performs word processing and data entry.
• Orders office supplies.
• Maintains project calendar.
• Arranges project-related meetings, travel and/or events.
• Generates or distributes ad hoc reports using various business systems and databases to internal project team.
• Generates simple documents, such as letters and memos.
• Generates more complex documents, such as spreadsheets and presentations.
• May coordinate collection of timesheets.
• May route and track invoices.
• May verify accuracy of invoices prior to approval.
• Performs other general clerical duties as needed.
***This position is a contract project opportunity lasting approximately 20 months.
***Only local candidates to the Carlstadt area will be considered further.
***This position is not available for visa sponsorship.
• Intermediate spreadsheet and word processing skills
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Strong working experience with document control tasks
• Strong working experience with construction documents
• Understands commonly used construction terminology (i.e. RFI’s, Change Orders, Submittals, Purchase Orders, Waivers, Releases, Addendums, etc…)
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and competencies:
• Intermediate MS Word skills
• Intermediate MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Intermediate MS Outlook skills
• Spelling and grammar skills
• Concentration and cognitive skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and reading comprehension
• Communication skills, including verbal and written skills
• Customer focus
• Ethics and values
• Integrity and trust
• Ability to make decisions
• Ability to prioritize
• Problem-solving ability
• Expense Reporting Systems (Creating)
• Expense Reporting Policies & Procedures (Reviewing and approving)
• Time Reporting Systems
• Time Reporting Policies & Procedures
• PeopleSoft and Blueprint Basic Users
• Telephony and Webconferencing
• Electronic Repository Systems
• Travel Systems
• Financial Information Systems/Business Reporting System