Lead Site Manager - Power Generation Construction
Date published: 11-May-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
BVCI Head Project Field Managers are responsible for successful execution of the construction and start-up of the project. These construction leaders provide leadership to the project staff and all organizations on site and direct staff in the daily/weekly planning process as well as functions as a representative for BVCI in all interactions involving the Owner and Contract. This Project Field Manager implements BVCI standards and procedures, develops project specific procedures and allocates resources, and makes decisions in support of project strategies.
This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for updating and completing the Construction Execution Plan.
• Reviews and refines the plan as the project progresses.
• Directs overall construction effort including coordination of erection activities, suppliers, direct hire craft labor, subcontractors, startup and testing activities, and the owner.
• Directs implementation of the processes and procedures manual and insures requests for deviations are submitted when necessary.
• Manages overall construction and startup cost to meet established budgets.
• Reviews, analyzes, and reports monthly on project construction budget, schedule, and quality performance and takes appropriate action to return the project to plan.
• Directs implementation of established project controls processes and procedures including Installation Work Packaging (IWP) through Package Manager software tool.
• Coordinates with leadership to negotiate and implement appropriate labor agreements.
• Establishes and maintains relationships and develops a high level of trust and credibility with clients, owners, alliance partners, craft labor, subcontractors, and suppliers.
• Leads the site management team.
• Directs implementation of project construction Safety & Health and Loss Control procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the project meets the agreed safety targets.
• Directs implementation of project quality assurance procedures and is responsible for ensuring that the established level of quality is achieved.
• Directs implementation of project commissioning and testing plan and is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources are provided to commissioning.
• Directs implementation of project field materials management procedures.
• Approves field purchases, equipment rentals, extra work authorizations, subcontractor progress and final payments, BVCI and B&V professional time sheets and expense reimbursements.
• Directs change order management for subcontracts.
• Coordinates with project manager to identify and execute change orders to contract with owner.
• Directs the resolution of all back charges, collection of conformed to construction records, and other contract closeout activities.
• Establishes project field staffing needs and coordinates with Project Manager and construction department to staff project field office.
• Mentors project field staff, promotes internal and external team building, and maintains morale.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with BVCI Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Is responsible for producing and implementing site specific procedures as required. Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value.
• Champions implementation of LEAN concepts and continuous improvement efforts.
• Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Acts as project manager with responsibilities for the management of a multi discipline project team.
• Acts as a project manager with responsibilities for the management of a multi discipline project team.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
• Degreed: Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years experience on similar projects in construction management role.
• Non-Degreed: 20+ years experience with 5 years at a Construction Manager level on complex projects.
• All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Union Apprenticeship Program completion highly preferred
• Experience on large power generation construction projects, specifically combined cycle projects
• Experience on new construction projects
• OSHA certification
• Union background/membership
• Extensive experience working on large direct hired union projects
• Able to deliver Project Gross Margin (PGM) on assigned project
• Knowledge of construction technology (Simple Cycle, Combined Cycle, Pulverized Coal, Circulating Fluidized Bed, Nuclear)
• Knowledge of EPC Industry
• Company practices, process, and related impact on project activities.
• Administrative policies and procedures
• Time reporting policies and procedures
• Expense reporting policies and procedures
• Project budgeting process and tools
• Approach to managing construction operations.
• Project controls policies and procedures
• Risk assessment policies and procedures
• Legal/contractual agreements (EPC/suppliers/subcontractors)
• Construction Project Management Systems
• Communication and interpersonal skills.
• Conceptual planning ability
• Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project management skills.
• Conflict management skills
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Supervisory skills
• Organizational skills
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Presentation skills