Project Controls Analyst - Cost
CA-San Diego, KS-Overland Park, MN-Minneapolis, MO-Chesterfield, NV-Las Vegas, PA-Moon Township
Date published: 28-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Telecom
Business Plan: PJC
The Telecommunications Division delivers telecommunication infrastructure solutions to utilities, local and state government agencies and the commercial wireless industry. Through a unique combination of experience, expert resources and innovative solutions, Black & Veatch supports the entire range of both legacy and emerging technologies used in today’s wireless and wireline networks, voice, video, Internet and data systems and utility automation.
Experienced level position assigned a role in Cost Engineering. Under general supervision, performs project controls assignments according to training, capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the preparation of larger and more complex project controls assignments. Typically, an individual contributor, but may have supervisory duties and lead small/medium size projects (cost and/or scheduling activities).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions. Develop project risk analysis skills. Understand Financial/Accounting reporting. May prepare forecasts under minimal supervision. Recognizes issues and advises project team or JV partners on matters affecting project execution.
• Maintains and prepares Cost Report, Cash Flow with minimal supervision
• Prepare input to monthly/quarterly Reports
• Gains understanding of key scheduling processes.
• Maintains and may lead quantity management reporting
• Maintains and may lead change management program
• As applicable able to effectively work with JV and S/C construction partners in matters of cost and progress measurement.
Four-year Bachelor's degree with three or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with six years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Prefer four-year Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies
• Process Management
• Presentation Skills
• Drive for Results
• Customer Focus
• Motivating Others
Preferred Technical Competencies
• Computer Skills
• Knowledge in key cost controls processes
• Understand financial/accounting reporting
• Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input
• Intermediate verbal and written communication skills
• Intermediate listening and understanding skills
• Intermediate problem solver
• Proficient in MS Excel
• Understands MS Access and database concepts
• Knowledgeable navigating and operating MS Office software bundles
• Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
• Understands Earned Value Management Concepts