Project Support Assistant 2
Date published: 5-Oct-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Govt Federal SE
Business Plan: ADO
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
To provide support to project team and management under minimal supervision. Incumbents have demonstrated proficiency in the project support role and are able to utilize frequent independent judgment, as needed. Possesses broad knowledge of project policies and procedures involving all phases of project execution from bid specifications through project closeout. Adapts past project knowledge to the needs of the current project with minimal direction or review needed from project management. Has regular contact with clients, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area to exchange information.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes complex filing activities such as assigning file numbers, action items, and distribution for project file system.
• Creates expense reports for project team members.
• Is coordinator of project communications.
• Frequently interacts with upper management on related project issues, as well as external clients.
• May maintain Project calendar for project manager.
• Performs scanning and electronic filing.
• Answers phones.
• Greets and directs visitors.
• Assembles documents (reproduction and collation).
• Performs word processing and data entry.
• Orders office supplies.
• Maintains project calendar.
• Arranges project-related meetings, travel and/or events.
• Generates or distributes ad hoc reports using various business systems and databases to internal project team.
• Generates simple documents, such as letters and memos.
• Generates more complex documents, such as spreadsheets and presentations.
• May coordinate collection of timesheets.
• May route and track invoices.
• May verify accuracy of invoices prior to approval.
• Performs other general clerical duties as needed.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates
Intermediate spreadsheet and word processing skills needed. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
5+ years relevant experience preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Preferred Competencies: • Intermediate MS Word skills • Intermediate MS Excel and PowerPoint skills • Intermediate MS Outlook skills • Spelling and grammar skills • Concentration and cognitive skills • Initiative • Interpersonal skills • Attention to detail and reading comprehension • Communication skills, including verbal and written skills • Customer focus • Ethics and values • Integrity and trust • Ability to make decisions • Ability to prioritize • Problem-solving ability • Expense Reporting Systems (Creating) • Expense Reporting Policies & Procedures (Reviewing and approving) • Time Reporting Systems • Time Reporting Policies & Procedures • PeopleSoft and Blueprint Basic Users • Telephony and Webconferencing • Electronic Repository Systems • Travel Systems • Financial Information Systems/Business Reporting System