Date published: 9-Nov-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Plan: CNS
BVCI, a proud part of the BV family of companies, offers union shop construction services for on-time, on-budget project delivery.<br><br>Our professionals deliver solid dependable solutions for industrial construction projects of all sizes, enabling us to provide leading construction services for our clients. Together, we have an integrated approach to project execution with an emphasis on safety, quality, cost, and schedule.<br><br>Our Services<br>We work with our clients on EPC as well as construction-only projects. We self-perform projects by executing direct hire labor as well as utilizing subcontractor elements.<br><br>We continue to expand our services offered and build our project backlog. <br><br>Now is the time to work at BVCI!
This is mid-level project position, which is accountable for implementing and maintaining the Company’s Safety & Health Procedures on a larger, moderately complex project. Performs medium to high complexity tasks, and may act as a supervisor to other safety and health professionals.
***This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implements, administers and maintains project Drug and Alcohol Substance Abuse Program.
• Develops and conducts employee safety and health training programs.
• Conducts detailed site safety and health inspections.
• Manages project security contracts, programs and policies.
• Performs record keeping / filing functions.
• Conducts incident and injury/illness investigations.
• Writes detailed injury/illness reports.
• Completes all appropriate company safety and health program documents.
• Interfaces with clients and government officials.
• Manages construction contractor safety and health program administration. • Administers project worker’s compensation programs and procedures.
• May act as Safety & Health Consultant to internal and external clients.
• May act as on-site first aid and medical provider.
• Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. Supervises Safety & Health Intern, Safety & Health Specialist 1, 2, and 3. Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
*** This position is not available for visa sponsorship
*** This professional may have his/her home base anywhere within the U.S. due to being a Field position with high travel/mobilization requirements. This means that this professional will spend the majority of work time at the assigned project location for the duration of the project requiring long-term temporary living close to the project site.
5+ years safety and health experience All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Valid Driver's license
Preferred Job Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Safety and health certification,
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. 3+ years in a construction environment preferred.
• Knowledge of safety and health standards and practices
• Knowledge of company substance abuse policies and procedures
• Knowledge of worker’s compensation policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of construction contracting strategies and contract administration
• Knowledge of company safety and health consultation capabilities and ability to perform as a consultant
• Ability to perform first aid/medical functions
• Communication skills
• Word processing and spreadsheet computer software programs
• Ability to write detailed reports
• Human relations skills
• Conflict management skills
• Ability to effectively interface with client and government officials