Water-Project Manager 1
Date published: 3-Feb-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: PMT
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Serve as part of the leadership in the Orlando area and Southeast Region. Lead sales efforts and manage water and wastewater projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Manages medium to large engineering projects involving multiple clients or partners
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business on medium to large size projects; supports contract negotiations with other client personnel.
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
PE in Florida
Typically 10 years experience.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Business Development - Foundational - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients. Conducts market research. Writes and presents project estimates and proposals including scope, cost, and schedule according to client requirements and bid processes.
• Business Acumen - Foundational - Negotiates contract commercial terms. Manages project budgets, costs, and receivables. Manages contracts and legal issues. Analyzes and reports health metrics as a basis for improvement. Applies knowledge of policies and regulations to project scope. Builds relationships with key stakeholders. Applies value creation.
• Execution - Foundational - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements. Manages constructability and procurement. Manages warranty plan.
• Leadership - Foundational - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision.Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.
• Builds Networks • Client Focus • Develops Talent • Directs Work
• Drives Vision & Purpose
• Financial Acumen • Manages Complexity • Manages Conflict
• Tech Savvy • Values Differences • Business Insight