Water-Project Manager 3
Date published: 10-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: PMT
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment
The overall objectives of this position are to contribute to significant business growth for Black & Veatch Water in the Greater Toronto Metropolitan Area (GTA) by developing client relationships and capturing work that results in increasing BV Water’s market share with the City of Toronto, other key regional public agency clients including the Regions of York, Peel, and with new clients in the Ontario as our business grows.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
•Take a leadership role representing B&V Water to assigned GTA municipal clients, meeting with client representatives at least once per month.
• Actively participate in Ontario Water Environment Association activities.
• Work closely with the Client Account Managers in the Toronto Office to implement the Toronto Regional Office Business Plan. Participate in identifying and qualifying pursuit opportunities. Work in concert with Client Account Managers in developing and executing winning pursuits and marketing strategies.
• Provide Project Management leadership for assigned projects taking responsibility for successful execution of project scope, schedule, budget and quality.
• Be a Champion for recruiting professionals for the Toronto office.
• Understand, live and demonstrate Black & Veatch Core Values and associated behaviors.
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Registration as a Professional Engineer (PEng): Current in Ontario or the ability to obtain in six months.
Typically 9 years experience.
Demonstrated knowledge in the application of project management tools to control scope, schedule, and budget.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of business and financial reporting systems utilizing cost at complete reporting.
Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplined teams in studies, design, and construction administration services with a primary focus on wastewater collection, pumping, and treatment projects for municipalities and industry.
Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of contract commercial terms in common use for professional services engineering contracts in Ontario..
Strong oral and written communications skills with proven capability in communications of project issues to internal project teams, client, teaming partners, and construction contractors.