Water-Project Manager 3
Date published: 13-Jan-2018
Opportunity: Experienced Hire
Business Line: Water
Business Plan: PMT
Black & Veatch delivers design, procurement and construction solutions that help to provide safe drinking water and effective wastewater management to communities worldwide. We serve public and private clients of every size with a strong focus on life cycle economy, efficiency and reliability.<br><br>We find innovative solutions to protect water at its source, treat it to the highest standards, and deliver it to homes and businesses. Then we collect and treat wastewater before reintroducing it safely back into the environment.
Serve as part of the leadership in the Tampa Office and Southeast Region. Lead sales efforts and manage water and wastewater projects including treatment plants, pumping stations, and pipelines.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Project Complexity – Manages small to medium engineering projects
• Client Management- Obtains new/repeat business; supports contract negotiations with client personnel.
• Acts as a project manager. Among responsibilities is management of a project team. The individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor of science degree. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
PE in Florida
Typically 10 years experience.
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• Business Development - Identifies client requirements. Develops and maintains relationships with clients.
• Execution - Uses B&V project management phases & methodology including, project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, and closeout to direct work. Manages changes and risk on scope, cost, schedule, quality, and safety based on available resources and client requirements.
• Leadership - Communicates clear expectations, goals, and vision. Manages performance of direct reports. Motivates, coaches, and mentors professionals. Delegates project work. Practices behaviors supporting diversity and inclusion. Manages conflict and collaboration to achieve results.